For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp – Local Honey
- 1 Tbsp – Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp – Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1/3 Cup – Water
For the Stir Fry:
- 2 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp – Ka’iulani Hawaiian Spice
- 2 Tsp – Ka’iulani Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 Tbsp – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1-inch cubed
- 2 Tsp – Garlic, minced
- 4 Stalks Asparagus, woody bottom removed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 Onion, chopped, small cubes
- 3 Green Onion Stalks, finely sliced
- 2 Tsp – Garlic, chopped
- Half a bunch of Cilantro, leaves and stems separated; stems finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
Whisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Mix 2 Tbsp Hawaiian Spice and 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice together in a bowl. Toss the chicken with the mixed spiced and marinate for 1-2 hours, but no more.
In a medium-sized frying pan, place 1 Tbsp oil over high heat. When hot, add vegetables, except green onions and cilantro leaves, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add 1 Tbsp oil to pan with chicken, garlic, and cilantro stems and stir-fry on high heat for another 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Return the vegetables to the pan, then add the sauce and most of the cilantro leaves and stir-fry for about 1 minute more.
Arrange on a platter and sprinkle remaining cilantro leaves and green onions on top.
Makes 4 Servings.