First Place Winner! Jasmine Curry Rice with Cranberries, my signature dish. With mangos added, it was a first place winner at the 2014 Mango Festival, Moana Surfrider Resort, Hawai‘i.
You Will Need:
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice; start with 2 cups uncooked rice, which will double when cooked
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Ka’iulani Exotic Curry
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves and stems, chopped separately
- 1/4 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 3-4 green onion stalks, sliced fine
- optional: toasted almonds or chopped macadamia nuts for garnish
How to Make:
- The night before serving, cook rice and refrigerate
- On serving day, heat olive oil in pan and add Exotic Curry, stirring constantly
- Still stirring, add garlic, cilantro stems, and cranberries
- When garlic is cooked, add the rice
- Mix everything together thoroughly until rice is completely yellow
- Stir in green onion and cilantro leaves
- If the rice is not golden, add more curry on top to get the right color
*Serves 4 to 6
Variations: Sprinkle nuts to garnish, substitute cranberries with raisins, or add cooked shrimp, chicken, or pork!
Exotic Curry Spice$7.95 – $14.95
All-Purpose Rub and Seasoning. Especially great on chicken, fish, pork, lamb, vegetables, tofu and great to make curries. Great for chicken salad or wraps. Use with rice, soup, noodles, pasta, sauté vegetables, eggs, and stir fry.