Cheddar biscuits are a beloved dish. This is Ka’iulani’s version using our organic herb blend and a simple dough. Easy and delicious!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Organic Ka’iulani Herb Garden
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Butter Topping: 2 Tbsp unsalted better (melted) and 1 tsp Organic Ka’iulani Herb Garden
Make the Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and Ka’iulani’s Herb Garden)
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. (butter and buttermilk)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use a greased ice cream scooper to scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- To make the topping, mix butter and Ka’iulani’s Herb Garden
- Let the Biscuits cool slightly, and spoon over the herb butter mixture.