Kona Coffee Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Ka’iulani Kona Coffee Spice (to taste)
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Whole Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Ka’iulani Herb Garden
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves, fresh, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tsp Ka’iulani Alaea Sea Salt with Garlic & Herbs (optional)
- Heat oil in medium-sized pot.
- Add onion and garlic, and saute until slightly brown.
- Sprinkle Kona Coffee over the mixture and stir.
- Add tomato, tomato paste, water, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add Herb Garden; simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add fresh basil, if desired, and continue simmering for 15 minutes more.
- If sauce is too thick, add more water. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- When sauce is cooked and cooled down, pour into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add Alaea Sea Salt if needed.