Delicious beef tenderloin, seared and roasted with Ka’iulani’s Kona Coffee Rub, and served with herb butter, using Ka’iulani’s Herb Garden Blend
- 1 lb Beef Tenderloin Steak
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Organic Ka’iulani Kona Coffee Spice
- 1 tsp Organic Ka’iulani Alaea Sea Salt
Herb Butter: 1 Tbsp unsalted butter and 1 tsp Organic Ka’iulani Herb Garden
Make the Tenderloin:
- Season both sides of the tenderloin steak generously with Ka’iulani’s Kona Coffee Spice and Alaea Sea Salt. Marinate for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a pan on the stove at a high heat
- Add the butter and olive oil to the pan and seer the steak on both sides (about 1 to 2 minutes on each side)
- Move the pan to the 400 degree oven and bake for 4-6 minutes depending on desired doneness
- Let the Steak rest for at least 10 minutes
- Mix together butter and Ka’iulani’s Herb Garden to make the herb butter.
- Slice steak and top with herb butter.
*You can also grill the tenderloin by rubbing the olive oil and spices directly onto the steak and cooking until desired doneness.
Alaea Sea Salt$7.95 – $14.95
Think of this as your seasoned Sea Salt. Alaea Sea Salt (red sea salt from the island if Kauai) contains garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, peppercorn and thyme. Our all-purpose seasoning, easy to use, enhances every meal! Great for meats, poultry, fish, vegetables, salads, etc.