- 6 lbs Pork Butt
- 5 Tbsp Ka’iulani Hawaiian Spice
- 3 Tbsp Ka’iulani Chinese 5 Spice
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 6 Ti Leaves (or Aluminum foil if you can’t find ti leaves)
- Preheat Oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix Hawaiian Spice and Chinese 5 Spice together and rub all over pork butt, then sprinkle and rub with liquid smoke.
- Place ti leaves (or foil) in a roasting pan to cover the bottom, place the pork on top, and wrap the rest of the ti leaf (or foil) over the pork. (secure with toothpicks or tie with cooking twine)
- Seal the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 2-3 hours, or until tender.
- Unwrap foil, shred meat and mix with the juices that have been released from the roast.
- Serve with rice or poi
Serves 8 to 10
Other Uses: Make kalua pig sandwiches, serve kalua pig on a bed of spinach or cooked lu’au leaf with poi for supper, make kalua pig tacos or quesadillas.